Friday, January 8, 2010

A Cold January Day


Today is a cold January morning. I have the heater on, my cozy warm socks, and a sweater. I'm about to prepare a warm pot of Earl Grey tea before I start the day. With a glance I can see the grey morning peeking through my plantation shutters as to tell me that a new day has begun. It's drab and cold, nothing is alive, all my flowers are dead. It's easy to find the long dark winter months as a bit depressing. That is unless you really understand what this season is all about.


January is a month of new beginnings. Almost like a rebirth to another year. It is a time to work on getting your house in order. What we do today we will reap the rewards of tomorrow. Sort of reminds me of the scripture "God will not be mocked; what you reap you will sow"- Galatians 6:7.
So, as I look into the cold wintry morning I can see this as a new exciting day. I begin to concentrate on the things around the house that need attending to. Perhaps cleaning the closets, pantry, organizing books. It's time to prepare for my harvest for rewards. What I do today I will see the fruits of my labor this Spring.

Isn't it exciting to look out across the horizon and know that you have the ability to start a fresh new year? It's like a clean slate. You can work harder this year, you can achieve your goals this year, you can have blessings this year. It's all up to you and what you are willing to do for yourself. I envision a boat, some will not even place it in the water, some are just floating without a destination, and others will direct that boat into their future. I see my boat and I'm ready to place it in the water to set sail for a future of great blessings. I can't wait to see where 2010 is going to take me.




No comments:

Post a Comment