Monday, September 6, 2010

My New Thrifty Finds

Over this holiday weekend I decided to venture out and check out an estate sale. Usually it's feast or famine sort of thing. I didn't come across a lot but I didn't go empty handed either. Therefore, I suppose I couldn't necessarily call it a wash. Here are a few of my little treasures I came home with.

I fell in love with these beautiful etched stemmed glasses. They sold me a set of 8 for only $25!!! I would spend that or more at Dillards or Macy's so I consider it a good investment. They couldn't tell me the manufacture or the date but they belonged to an elderly lady that passed away. I think they'll look fabulous for future tablescapes.


Here's a better view of them. I think they look stunning next to my flower arrangement. And that's my new Quacker Lace tablecloth.



I also picked up this cute little glass vase. I figure you can't have enough of those laying around. Can you see that I L-O-V-E having fresh flowers around the house.



Look at the new plates I found for next summer. They have a really cute beach theme to them. I picked up the little sandcastle and fish at a thrift store for under $2.00and thought they go very nicely with the theme. They will make a great centerpiece for next summer. Perhaps I'll serve a shrimp or fish dinner. The possibilities.....





No comments:

Post a Comment