Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Preparation for a BIG change


I don't even know if anyone reads this little neglected blog of mine. It's been ages since I've posted anything. I suppose I wanted a place where I could jot down my thoughts. I'm a firm believer that sometimes to express yourself in a written form you'll see things clearer. Perhaps that is what I'm looking to do with this poor thing. Just a safe place to transform my thoughts visually.

Have you ever heard of "playing it safe?" Do you think that some people are too scared and live their lives "playing it safe?" I mean, there's nothing wrong with settling down, buying a home, having children, working for retirement. That's the American dream isn't it? Or is it? Lately I've been trying to figure out what in the world I'm suppose to do in this life. Do I "play it safe" and think that I'm secure and happy or do I dare "take risks" and go after dreams? I believe that we all have desires in our hearts and we've all had day dreams of what we could do if there wasn't the heavy responsibilities weighing us down. Do you ever think "what if?"

Night after night I watched the news in disgust. I watched the oil spill on the gulf, the failing economy, the unemployment spikes, the political fights and insults (both sides), corruption, the doomed housing market, etc, etc...I began to get depressed and fearful. Who wouldn't after hours of nothing but terrible reports. It really started effecting my day. Then my days turned to months until I just felt horrible most of the time. I started to get angry. Angry and fearful for my future and for the next generations after us. I suppose I felt hopeless and little depressed. Then one day I had enough. Enough was enough. I wasn't going to allow all this negative news get me down. I was in control of my emotions and my future.

I put my faith to work and began praying to God for guidance. I told Him my fears and worries about our nation. That opened Pandora's box and old fears that I didn't realize started coming out in the open. I didn't realize how fearful I'd become over the years. What happened to all my dreams and goals I once had? I started to think about the choices I've made on fear and anxiety. Then I started noticing the commercials and how they target their marketing products by creating fear in the consumers. I had it! I told God that I was going to trust that He honestly had everything under control and I went to work. I made a list of those dreams and goals and I've been working on them for the past couple of months. My report, MY WHOLE LIFE HAS CHANGED!!! It's amazing how every area of my life has improved, self esteem, financial, relationships, health, career. Sure I still get concerned about things but I'm not fearful of things. There's a big difference.

By putting my faith into action I can really see my desires of my heart becoming my reality. I can focus 100% on my future goals and not the latest news report. We live in one of the greatest nations on this planet. There's so much opportunity in this country and many of us are too weighed down in fear to access it. It's a big risk to leap out on the promises of God. However, I remember reading:


"So I gave you a land on which you did not toil and cities you did not build; and you live in them and eat from vineyards and olive groves that you did not plant."

Joshua 24:13


Oh, life is too short for me to "play it safe" and so I will "takes risks" daily by putting my faith in God. For I know that only God can turn my ordinary life into an extraordinary one.

No comments:

Post a Comment